Thursday, October 09, 2008

Me vs Peace Corps

It's like having faith, something I was never particularly good at.

I remember the day I dropped the medical forms in the mail. My hands were shaking. I made the coffee shop girl look over the forms to make sure everything was in order. Then I had a friend. She held my metaphysical hand when I placed them in the mail box.

This was two months ago.

Then everything was a minor crisis. Each passing day I woke up, checked the website. Repeat for sleep. Repeat for lunch. Repeat for smoke breaks.

Today they have checked off the last of the forms. And this is another crisis. The website makes the wonderful promise of some decision. And that there is a letter with my future on the way. And I don't know what it could be.

So I wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger k said...

I've been thinking about you. And about this opportunity you may get a chance to pursue. Karma, baby. Karma.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home