Thursday, April 27, 2006

FAIR WARNING!

This is going to be really pissy, so if you don't want to hear me bitch just move on. I'll probably delete this in a few days.

Maybe.

I hate the phrase "thanks for the effort" or "you tried really hard" about anything I honestly care about.

It's such a cheesedick thing to do. It's basically saying "there's nothing good about this, so I'm going to say/write the obvious and neutral thing I can."

A perfect example of this came today in my fiction class. I put a lot of time into that class. My novel wasn't the best, but I tried really fucking hard to do what I could. Today we got our evaluations and grades and guess what was on it.

"Thanks for the effort. Keep writing."

Of course he's going to write keep writing. What the fuck else would he write? "Quit now?" "Give up?" "Switch majors?" Of course not. Then he writes this shit about effort.

I know I put effort into it. I don't need that reiterated. I takes me back to my football/swimming/track/speech days when, even though I got the shit beat out of me. I still "gave it my best shot."

I'd rather hear thatI suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home