Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Book Shelf

So I went to the bars, and it was fun. Two women "played" my buddy and I for a shot. We all knew what was going on, hence the quotation marks, I just couldn't think of a better word. I had fun, I went to the streets. Refreshingly out of the ivory tower.

And I didn't blame them. I applauded. This mass of people enjoy the world because this is their world. I told one of the girls to enjoy her shot because we were going to die. A very poor way to get laid, but I'm too honest for my own good and I like giving strangers the benefit of a doubt. I've never denied my inability to talk to women.

But I'm here, just thinking and I see my books and my movies. The two hundred and something books, the majority of which I've read. And I think: I've read hundreds of books. No wonder I can't get along with anybody.

This book shelf is the numbers that add up to me. If someone Had a year and read most of these books they'd know me. They could see through everything I say. They could be me.

And it made me love the people who have read thousands of books. They know more than I do. I'm only a fifth of the way there.

I see why I don't fit in. By my own beautiful choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home