Thursday, November 22, 2007

So I Drive...

At this late hour in this freezing city, I drive.

To see this town as it was while it is. To see myself in streets where I was. To see the past is to ignore the future. These chemicals propel me through the days. I still remember my first day of class. Was it worth the ulcer? So I drive,

Down Sheridan and Old Cheney. 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 27th, 33rd. She lived there once. And on and on and on. To give thanks is to admit inferiority. To recount is to confirm. Who are these people I call family? Why are these people called friend?

How does a college graduate live in a college town? Does one take up a career as a substitute? Seperate from this town, while you can, Dan. There's not much else to do?

So I drive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home