Sunday, October 28, 2007

This is the way October Ends

Not with a bang but a hangover.

The trees are shedding at double pace. Nature is going from the beauty of kaleidoscope leaves to their skeletal foundational structures. Winter won't be far behind.

It was forty-three degrees our yestereday. I had flashbacks to last winter. No wonder I was so miserable, I had two thin jackets and a long sleeve shirt to protect me. Not this year. I'm ready.

But I never much cared for this part of fall.

And time is going too fast sometimes. It seems like yesterday that I took my friend to the hospital for head wounds. New Year's Eve, I remember. She fell in a bathroom and hit her head. Her face turned purple. The same four phrases. Apologies for...something. She was actually embaressed by her head trama. The weeping at the door. Her swearing she'd never forgive my partner and I. And that was almost a year ago.

I have to work in an hour, but between now and then I'm going to enjoy the end of fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home