Friday, December 21, 2007

I Guess I'm Just Disappointed

This will be my last posting as an undergrad.

Two B's and a B- so far. Most likely a C+. There's a small chance for an A- lurking in there somewhere. I set out to get all A's this semester. Oops.

I can do better than this. I have done better than this. I wonder what killed it for me. I acknowledge these grades were my responsibility. I'm not stupid, just speculating. When I first signed up for this major I rocked this shit. Now I go from an A in poetry to a B. I feel like this is a reflection on my dissatisfaction and disenfranchisement with the university system.

How odd that I can work so well with the intellectual community. Yet when required to focus this energy to the classroom, to the page, these are the results. This is my shame (well one of them) my readers. That I talk so well and walk so poorly.

So now what? I'm twenty-three with a degree in English. This semester proves the absurdity of grad school and my faint notion of law school.

I've depressed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home