Saturday, September 03, 2005

Friday, March 11, 2005
The Time Has Come to be Gone
Here I go.Whether I'm off to an adventure or a heartache, only time will tell. For the nexy 5 days I'm goingt to be surrounded by severe poverty and immeresed in a culture I have only a passing acquaitance with. We've all read the blogs and heard the arguements against the indians and the poor, but maybe in every life there comes a point where a person leaps out of his comfort zone and takes a look around.In my mind is a whirlwind of ideas and emotions that converge in my gut and it hurts.On one hand, I have no classes for the next week and I will be surrounded by new people and doing something I feel I have to do.On the other, I've rarely been in the poverty I'm about to be in, and never for the duration I'm about to be in it. I wonder how the indians will respond to my efforts. Will they respect me? Will they hate me? Will I help anyone? Will I make it worse? Only time will tell.I also miss my girlfriend. She's good to me and I won't even be able to speak to her until Wednesday, if at all over break.Another possibility on my mind is what will happen to my sanity. Will I want to be arouund people anymore? Will I be more balanced? Will I become depressed?Well, whatever happens, here I go.
posted by Dan # 5:03 PM 7 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home