Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sunday, April 17, 2005
Hope Dashed
About a week ago I recieved the best news I had gotten in a while. When a woken from a slumber my dad confessed to a rather groggy me that he had arranged a vehicle in my price range for me to buy.I screamed.I was filled with joy; finally after 2 years of relying on other people for rides I could be free. I could go where I wished, see who I wished and generlly consider myself m own man.I told everyone I could, Dan was going to be free. I congratulated and hailed as a new brother to a club- the club of those who own vehicles.Work seemed sweeter, life more interesting and my days brighter.Then, about twenty minutes ago I got the news.Odds are there would be no vehicle. The truck I wanted was rusted to hell and not worth my $400.I know my parents are looking out for me, I know their intentions are pure, but that doesn't make it sting less. I feel like I've been betrayed.It just makes me so damn mad, everywhere I see people wih vehicles. Some of them don't even deserve them. They drive like idiots, or drunk or both and all I want it to be able to say "hey you wanna go to X?" and me and who ever could go.All the fantasies I had of being free have been dashed. Why can't I live like I want? I hate only being able to go home when John is avalable. I hate having to have my girlfriend drive me places and I hate waiting for buses all the time.
posted by Dan # 10:42 PM 2 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home