Tuesday, May 23, 2006

(Almost) One Year Later

There's something a lot of people don't know about me.

I smoke rocks.

Kidding. But seriously, what a lot of people don't know about Dan Fbach is he is a very sentimental person. This post will prove my point.

In nine days I will be moving out of my current place of residence. Although I am looking forward to the start of my tenure in the House of Awesome, I can't help but reflect upon my times here.

It's been a good almost-year at 2017. A lot of ups and a lot of downs. This was my first place that was mine. I signed the lease, I paid the bills and I enjoyed it. No matter where I go a part of me will always be here.

Here's a list of some of my favorite times here.

1- Moving in day. I couldn't sleep the night before and spent all of July 15, 2006 lugging furniture, clothes and books up the flight of stairs to this place. I didn't have a bed or desk at the time so I played music from a computer on the floor and slept on the ground.

2- The 'Hawk. Midnight the day before school began. I wanted a mohawk. Adam, using nothing but a pair of scissors and a razor managed to trim the 'hawk to resonable sexiness.

3- John's 'Hawk. A week after school started John decided to get a mohawk as well. In between sessions of trying on women's pants he got a 'hawk of comperable sexiness to mine.

4- Laying in bed with Penelope, smoking cigarettes and talking about the shit we thought was cool while trains, just a few miles awa,y blew their horns.

5- John: For god's sake close your butt cheeks.
Jeff: I CAN'T!!!

6- Watching the D.U.F.F. of all D.U.F.F.s puke and pass out on the vomit couch in our bathroom.

7- The Night of Vomiting.

8- Going from King of the Janitors to ITC bitch to Delivery Boy in the span of five weeks.

9- Rancid Sing-Along hour.

10- "Okay, who's drunk enough to make out with the fat chick?"

11- "Nig? What is nig?"
"You're a nig, nig!"

12- "Was it just me or were those cops hot?"
"I was hoping they'd give us a ticket for being naughty."

13- "Dude, Dan, I just came up with four Prime Directives for parties. One: Don't get naked. Two: Drink beer. Three: Drink more beer. Four: Do whatever you want."

14- "Yeah, communists are all down to party with government."

15- "TO THE MOON!"

16- Dan: JJ.
JJ: What?
Dan: I like you.
JJ: FUCK!

17- This box wine makes me so sleepy.

18- When the cops showed up and kicked everyone out, Mr. Dorr just wouldn't put his beer down.

19- The legendary battle of wills between Nicole G and me.

20- "Sorry. Sorry. I'm sorry. Sorry guys, I'm sorry. Sorry."

That went on a little longer than I thought it would a broke down quicker than I expected. The point is there was a lot of fun had here over the months. I'll miss this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home