Saturday, September 03, 2005

Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Goodbye
This is my real, official last post from a residence hall.My city has become a ghost town. The students have packed up,the grades have been entered, the year has ended. Everywhere I look is silence and I sort of mock death which will soon be penetrating into the part of my life that is about to end.Six hours from the time of this posting, I will be living in an apartment. I will be my own man, living my own ways in my town. The old way of living is gone. The residence halls and constant supervion of the university will soon be a memory to me. I've seen so much these past two years, and now I bid it good bye as I begin the thrid phase of my life, and possibly the last one.The first phase was up to graduation from Skutt. When I was under constant watch and rules. People told me where to go because I was just a child.The second was these past two years of college. Almost everything was on my shoulders, but not quite. I was about 80% free and I loved it. I count these days as some of the finest of my life.The third phase, which begins tomorrow, will define who I will be in five years. I'm on my own, unsupervised and free.And with the second phase ending soon, I am reminded constantly how dead that part will be by watching the streets of Lincoln.With my time growing short before I sign off from the internet and sign on to a new life, there are severalm people I must thank.Marde- My first love. The person who stood beside me for over a year. Who waited for me one summer, and unfortunatly, has to do it again. I would never have survived my 'break up' with journalism without you. You are an awesome human being and words can't describe how lucky I am to have you.Nick- A truely wise man that people could learn a lot from if they'd simply listen. I consider you the older brother I never had. Although we could be more opposite from each other, I know you will stick by me until the day I die in some kind of submarine accident.Tommy- What can I say about Tom that hasn't been said about Afghanistan. Kidding. His constant conversations about war and space have always intrigued me. I will miss watching episodes of the Simpsons over the internet with you.John/JJ/Germ- You're all awesome brothers and friends Whenever I felt shitty you would call or visit me and make me laugh with nothing more than a "hey sss" and I wish you much luck with your bands and photography..Jimmy- The only other person who really came to visit me during the loneliness of winter vacation. I hope you and Amanda make it.Brian- For showing me how not to live.These are the people who have helped me more than anyone else these past 2 years (in no particular order). All of you are great people and welcome in my apartment anytime.Now I must depart. This is Dan Fbach, signing off
posted by Dan # 2:54 AM 3 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home