Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sage

I wrote this poem in memory of a little girl named Sage that I met on the reservation. This poem DESPERATLY needs to be good to illustrate the conditions of the people on the reservation. Anyone reading this probably knows me and has access to contacting me. PLEASE give me honest suggestions. -Dan

Sage
A child of Neglect
reject since birth
drunk hate fuck
and the condom broke

tug on my shirt
her coal black eyes
want a story
I can't say no

Sit on my lap
open the book
the first smile I've
seen from her.

Read to her slow
and read to her clear.
Make her think you'll
always be here.

her eyes can't stay open
they close into sleep
so i tuck her in bed
like my own child

i sneak out so quiet
retreat to my room
tears bleed from my eyes
her impending doom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home